[c-nsp] Memory - C7301 vs. NPE-G1

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Oct 17 12:38:34 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 04:37:03PM +0200, Jan Friedel wrote:
>   did somebody try to use system memory from NPE-G1 in C7301
>   (possibility/troubles/experiences needed)?

Yes.  We recently bought 1G of 3rd-party DRAM labelled "for NPE-G1"
and put it into a 7301, and it works ever since.

No big surprise, though, as the 7301 is mostly "a NPE-G1 in a 1RU
chassis".

(The labeling is just weird, should be a 7201-G1, or such, not a 73xx, and
the fact that it's needlessly numbering its GigE interfaces differently
from a NPE-G1 and uses different software is so... "needless"...)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de