[c-nsp] router / switch recommendation

Adam Greene maillist at webjogger.net
Tue Oct 18 16:46:34 EDT 2005

I see the 4948 switches IPv6 in software only. Hmmm. Not sure how likely
that will be an issue for us. Besides that, I suppose the 4948 represents a
step forward in all respects from the 3750 ... only problem: it just may be
out of our budget. But at about $10k, it's certainly the most affordable way
for us to get into the 4500 arena.

As far as I can tell, Cisco is not actively promoting the 4948 as much as
the rest of the 4500 series. I'm not sure if this is an accurate perception.
Would you foresee any difficulties later on down the line due to the fact
that this is more of a "side-product" for Cisco (if you could even call it
that)?

You can see how green I am with respect to the higher level layer 3 switch
lines.

Thanks,
Adam