[c-nsp] firewall w/ >1Gbps interfaces

Adam Greene maillist at webjogger.net
Wed Oct 19 11:02:08 EDT 2005

Hi,

Does anyone have a suggestion? As far as I can tell, the ASA and PIX series
support 1Gbps interfaces max, and I don't see any reference (so far) in the
documentation that these devices support etherchannel aggregation.

Our customer runs a medical imaging service and needs to establish some kind
of security between a webserver and an image server. The images are huge and
he needs the fastest possible connection between the two devices. But he
also needs to put the webserver in a DMZ and the image server behind an iron
wall of security.

The thought of activating a firewall feature set on a 3750 / 4948 or 2800 /
3800 and doing etherchannel also crossed my mind ...

Any thoughts appreciated,
Adam

---
[This e-mail was scanned for viruses by Webjogger's AntiVirus Protection System]