[c-nsp] Cat4500 - route-map

Fredrik.Jacobsson at enskilda.se Fredrik.Jacobsson at enskilda.se
Wed Oct 19 11:28:03 EDT 2005

Hi!

I'm trying to determine if some of our static routing still is necessary,
so I decided to make an access-list, match the list in a route-map, and
apply the route-map to an interface.
Meaning, not to affecting anything at this time, I just wanted to see the
access-list counters to grow.

But it doesnt work.

I've tried the exact same config on a 3745, and there it works like a charm.

The 4500 has a sup IV running IOS 12.1(20)EW2

Config that I'm trying:
-----------------------
access-list 122 permit ip host X.X.X.X any
access-list 122 permit ip any host X.X.X.X (just to rule out that I'm
looking at the wrong direction)

route-map checkstatics permit 10
 match ip address 122

and under interface:
 ip policy route-map checkstatics

I've tried both vlan interfaces as well as physical interfaces.
No luck.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated...

Thanks
/Fredrik

Confidentiality Notice

The content of this message, including attachments, is intended for the confidential use of the individual(s) or entity(-ies) to whom it is addressed only and may contain personal and/or confidential information. Please notify the sender immediately by returning this message if you are not the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that reading, duplicating, or in any way disseminating its content to any other person, is strictly prohibited.

If the content of this message, including attachments, includes an offer to provide any service or product, an offer or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any securities or any other investment product, please refer to the disclaimer on www.enskilda.se, which applies also to the content of this message. Any such transaction will also be subject to any other Terms of Business currently in place between us.

If you are a client of Enskilda Securities with access to Enskilda Research Online and this message contains a research report or the content of this message, including attachments, may be regarded as an advice in relation to companies or securities, please refer to the general and company specific disclaimers, respectively, on Enskilda Research Online.