[c-nsp] firewall w/ >1Gbps interfaces

Michael Lyngbøl michael at lyngbol.dk
Wed Oct 19 11:54:41 EDT 2005

On 19.10.2005 11:02:08 -0400, Adam Greene wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion? As far as I can tell, the ASA and PIX series
> support 1Gbps interfaces max, and I don't see any reference (so far) in the
> documentation that these devices support etherchannel aggregation.
>
> Our customer runs a medical imaging service and needs to establish some kind
> of security between a webserver and an image server. The images are huge and
> he needs the fastest possible connection between the two devices. But he
> also needs to put the webserver in a DMZ and the image server behind an iron
> wall of security.

You could use the PIX firewall blade in a 6500/7600 chassis. Performance
is >> 1Gbps and it's connnected via etherchannel on the backplance.

But as Saku pointed out please think twice if you really need a firewall
for an internet connected host.

/Michael

--
Michael Lyngbøl -- michael at lyngbol dot dk
Network Architect, AS3292 TDC, IP·backbone