[c-nsp] %STANDBY-3-BADAUTH log messages

Rubens Kuhl Jr. rubensk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 15:20:53 EDT 2005

> ALso note that I think HSRP uses the same mac address for each
> vlan interface, so if you have a switch that doesn't have a
> mac address table per vlan, maybe that's something to look into
> also.

HSRP uses the same MAC address for each HSRP group:  0000.0c07.aczz,
where zz is the group number. You can define HSRP group differently
for each VLAN interface.

I've found that using HSRP groups and HSRP authentication is a good
thing to let you survive from mistakes, both your own and other's. The
same stands for VRRP.

Rubens