[c-nsp] queues counters

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Mon Oct 24 02:22:59 EDT 2005

> I am looking for an IOS command (hidden or not) or a CISCO MIB OID
> that show me the number of packet (or the load percentage) per input
and output
> queue.
>
> Example:
>
> Platform: 3750 (output queue: 1p3q) and 6500 (output queue: 1p3q).
>
> --> There is 4 queues out: Priority Queue + 3 queues, i need to see
> in real time for each of this output queue the number of packet.

you are aware that these boxes can push lots of traffic through the
ports, so real time queue-length monitoring will be a rather challenging
task. Can you tell what you want to achieve?

In general, hardware queues can't be monitored via SNMP directly, but if
you use these hardware queues to implement some form of QoS policy via
policy maps, you can monitor the effect of the policy maps via SNMP. The
figures/counters shown by "show policy-map interface" can be retrieved
via CISCO-CLASS-BASED-QOS-MIB, but since this MIB is pretty complex, the
task is non-trivial.
check out
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/aggr/10000/10kmibs/specg
dll/mibappa.htm#xtocid10 for an example (different platform, but you can
see how the QOS-MIB works).

	oli