[c-nsp] ip virtual-reassembly

Dave Temkin dave at ordinaryworld.com
Mon Oct 24 11:35:56 EDT 2005

Is anyone aware why this was added in more recent (12.3T) IOS versions?
Was this a feature that was enabled behind the scenes before and they just
added a command for it, or is it new functionality?  It now gets put on an
interface that you place "ip nat inside" or ""outside"  on

All of the documentation I can find makes it sound like you only need it
if you're doing NAT and CBAC or IOS Firewall together, and not just NAT by
itself.  I see it causing about a 15% performance hit if I leave it
enabled.

Thanks,
-Dave