[c-nsp] tag-switching advertise-tags for?

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Oct 24 13:57:33 EDT 2005

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Robert Kiessling wrote:

> You will need separate BGP sessions for IPv4 and VPNv4 prefixes,
> with different session endpoints (usually Loopback interfaces) [1].

Why would I need separate sessions for address-families ipv4 and vpnv4?
Putting all the router lo0 IPs into LDP would (I assume) result in traffic
to router lo0's being tag-switched instead of routed.  That's a situation
I have now anyway, and don't mind.  It's the odd customer here and there
where I need to be able to policy route, but can't now, because all their
traffic's tag-switched that I'd like to be routing instead.