[c-nsp] tag-switching advertise-tags for?

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Mon Oct 24 14:22:22 EDT 2005

Jon Lewis <mailto:jlewis at lewis.org> wrote on Monday, October 24, 2005
7:52 PM:

> On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) wrote:
>
>> Jon Lewis <> wrote on Monday, October 24, 2005 7:14 PM:
>>
>>> If I wanted to use MPLS/tag-switching only for the transport of MPLS
>>> VPN traffic, leaving all other IP traffic routed rather that
>>> tag-switched, could I use some invocation of tag-switching
>>> advertise-tags for do this?
>>
>> yes:
>>
>> no tag-switching advertise-tags
>> tag-switching advertise-tags for ACL
>>
>> where ACL matches all your PE's loopbacks used for BGP next-hops.
>
> You're saying LDP across all our routers needs these as destinations
> to be able to properly tag-switch the labeled MPLS VPN traffic?

Hmm, not sure what you mean. This command tells TDP/LDP to only
advertise labels for those IPv4 prefixes matching the ACL. If those IPv4
prefixes are your BGP next-hops, then yes, all your MPLS-VPN traffic
will be label-switched.

> This sounds like it would in some ways simplify my network and enable
> me to get policy routing working.

Ack, but only for destinations not known via BGP (as Robert pointed out,
if ipv4 and vpnv4 also use the same next-hop, both will be
label-switched..

	oli