[c-nsp] LFI implementation

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Tue Oct 25 02:32:45 EDT 2005

Vikas Sharma <> wrote on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 6:54 AM:

> Hi,
>  Some time back i have requested to know the exact MTU size good
> enough for supporting VOIP, web, mail and other miscellaneous
> applications traffic. If anyone knows what should be the ideal MTU
> size for a mix kind of traffic, pls let me know. I am using cisco
> higher end router (7513 router and 6509 switch) in my network.

Enabling LFI on low-speed links does not change the Interface MTU.
For LFI guidelines and the recommended serialization delay for voice,
check out
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk698/technologies_tech_note09186a
0080094660.shtml#link_frag, which describes LFI via Multilink PPP.
Same guidelines apply for LFI via FRF.12, see
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk698/technologies_configuration_e
xample09186a0080094af9.shtml#topic9

	oli