[c-nsp] Cisco 2950 vs 2960 QoS

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists Lists at Hojmark.ORG
Tue Oct 25 09:15:01 EDT 2005

> I would like to check if anyone has any experience
> with the Cisco 2950T vs the 2960 (new) switches,
> especially in the area of QoS, rate-limiting, etc?

To the best of my knowledge, 2960 isn't actually shipping yet,
so any real-world experience with that particular platform will
be scarce.

However, the 2960 is basically the same hardware as 2970/3560/
3750 (without routing and stacking), so in terms of QoS, the
features should be more or less the same. (Some stuff *could*
potentially be 'turned off' in software (like said L3), to do
market differentiation).

> How about the 2960 series? Is it able to do egress
> policing/shaping

Yes.

-A