[c-nsp] Fixed 75ohm Attenuators

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Tue Oct 25 15:42:46 EDT 2005

I know people were discussing attenuator cables here a few weeks ago. I
recently ran into a problem with massive LCVs on a PA-MC-T3 card connecting
to our own mux which is in the same rack. I fixed the problem and now have
zero errors after adding 13db of attenuation. The cisco attenuator kit
(PA-ATTEN-KIT) is a direct ship only item and it costs about $125-150 with
a 2-3 week lead time. I found another vendor which has the same attenuators
in stock and ships the same day for a comparable price. Just in case anyone
needs them.

http://www.rf-attenuators-dividers-terminations-switches.com/JFW_75ohm_Fixed_Products.aspx#75FP-XXX-2G%20BNC

I have no financial interest in or affiliation with them. I had an
excellent experience with this company and I just wanted to pass on the
info. It was hard to find attenuators with the right frequency response,
attenuation value, and M-F BNC connectors, but they have them in stock.

If you have never needed them, check out these pages from Cisco and
remember this in the back of your head for when you have massive errors on
a circuit which the telco loops as clean even after you replace the cables
and the PA. :)

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/121/d3e3_tshoot.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/core/cis7505/portadpt/multi_ch/mc_t3/2695prep.htm#wp1026903

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/core/7206/fru/12884att.htm

-Robert

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin