[c-nsp] BGP routes co-existing with different local-preference

Dave Temkin dave at ordinaryworld.com
Tue Oct 25 20:18:00 EDT 2005

I've dealt with setups with about 6 major providers in the past 5 years,
and each one
of them has gladly done eBGP multihop to a loopback.  It's the Tier 2's
who have nothing better to do than to write policies all day that give you
trouble about this kind of stuff.  However, you are correct, they
generally do not run an IGP (with the exception of some crappy providers
like C* that I wouldn't prefer to use as an example)

-Dave