[c-nsp] OSPF Dead Timer issues

cisco-nsp at bppb.net cisco-nsp at bppb.net
Wed Oct 26 11:28:15 EDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 02:13:19PM +0200, Gert Doering wrote:
> Make sure you have the very latest firmware for the Extreme.

Further to this sage advice, in the period before our emergency maint
window to upgrade the firmware, I did some tinkering and more
discussions with other people, and we've managed to fix it without
resorting to an upgrade for now (though one will be scheduled for later
- it just means we can give lots of notice).

disable igmp snooping on the extreme fixed it. Seems there's a bug in
the earlier extremeware revisions that randomly eat multicast packets
when this is enabled. Since disabling this, the 6500 hasn't had to make
a single retransmit in over 12 hours.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Phillip Baker