[c-nsp] Cisco switches and Wyse terminals/Rapport server

Craig Gauss gaucra at rhahealthcare.org
Mon Oct 31 13:02:00 EST 2005

First off is anyone running Wyse terminals connected to Cisco switches?

We are trying to get the Rapport server software that Wyse supplies to
work to push/pull images from the terminals.  We have been involved with
tech from Wyse on this and they always seem to say it's a Cisco issue.

We are running a 4507 for our core switch which is connected via fiber
to each one of our closets.  We have a VLAN for each closet.  All of the
switches in the closet have an IP helper address pointing to our DHCP
server which is on a VLAN with our other servers.  From what Wyse has
told us we just needed to add another helper for the Rapport server.
Unfortunately this did nothing.  The terminals cannot find the server
when they boot up.

Has anyone else run into anything similar or heard of something similar?
We are trying to figure this out but their support always seems to point
its fingers at Cisco (imagine that).