[c-nsp] Foundry trunks to Cisco Etherchannel

David J. Hughes bambi at Hughes.com.au
Thu Sep 1 00:12:33 EDT 2005

On 01/09/2005, at 2:17 AM, Gregory Edigarov wrote:
> on ServerIron's side I have:
>
> trunk switch ethe 2/1 to 2/2
> port-name "Goes to 2/10 of core" ethernet 2/1
> trunk switch ethe 2/7 to 2/8
> port-name "Goes to 4506" ethernet 2/7
>
> and on Cisco side I have:
>
> interface range GigabitEthernet2/3 - 4
> switchport access vlan 55
> switchport mode access
> channel-group  1 mode passive -- tryed all possible modes actually.....
> logging event link-status
> load-interval 30
> speed 1000
> no qos
>
> it doesn't work.

Doesn't work in what way?  My guess is that you are seeing one of the
links passing traffic in this config but the other is idle?  Is that
right?  If so try changing your serveriron config from "trunk switch
ethe 2/1 to 2/2"  to  "trunk server ethe 2/1 to 2/2".  On the Cisco end
use "channel-group 1 mode on"

David