[c-nsp] Change Management

Paul Stewart pstewart at nexicomgroup.net
Thu Sep 1 22:30:04 EDT 2005

Hi there...

I'm looking for software for the ISP environment that tracks change
management.  I realize that's a broad scope but as an ISP we'd like to
track all changes to all routers/switches/servers/access points etc.
possibly to the point of where any changes would require a "release"
from a manager etc.  I don't believe automatic auditing and automatic
backups are a big issue in our case as other systems we currently have
do that.

I know a number of carriers we deal with have such a system (Level 3,
Bell Canada etc.)... Is there an open source or commercial solution that
meets this criteria.  The problem is that currently we have a number of
techs who make changes and no records are kept or what those changes
were and when etc....

Any input is much appreciated....

Paul