[c-nsp] The amount consumed of CPU in Cisco 7513 architecture

Rubens Kuhl Jr. rubensk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 21:38:14 EDT 2005

PBR or NBAR will likely increase CPU usage, not decrease it.
Try turning Turbo-ACL on ("access-list compiled").

I also noticed on earlier 12.0S versions that named ACLs uses more CPU
than numbered ACLs; don't know if this is still valid on newer
versions, but I still default to numbered ACLs on 7500 routers. YMMV.

Rubens