[c-nsp] BGP Routing Failover for multiple classes of customers

Virgil virgil at webcentral.com.au
Wed Sep 7 02:39:53 EDT 2005

On 7/9/05 3:19 PM, "Richard J. Sears" <rsears at americanIS.net> wrote:

> Its customer three we have a problem with. We want customer 3 to only go
> out provider_1 unless provider_1 fails, then be able to go out
> provider_2.

BGP conditional advertisements.

Configuring and Verifying the BGP Conditional Advertisement Feature  [IP
Routing] - Cisco Systems
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_configuration_example0918
6a0080094309.shtml

Except I'd match on prefix lists, not access-lists.  And make the NON-EXIST
map include a match ip next hop of Provider_2 peer address

Regards
Virgil

virgil at webcentral.com.au