[c-nsp] reset peering session after withdrawing a more specific route

Rolf Mendelsohn rolf-web at cyberops.biz
Sat Sep 10 02:33:44 EDT 2005

Hi Jeff,

A better bet would be to announce both routes and then go to some
route-servers and confirm that the new route has been accepted by your peers.

In the unlikely event that one of them has made a mistake, or hasn't updated
their prefixes, your network could be partially unreachable if you had just
changed the advertisement.

i think a clear ip bgp A.B.C.D soft out would be required, easiest way to
check this would be a show ip bgp neigh A.B.C.D advertised-routes

cheers
/rolf