[c-nsp] (no subject)

Tom Zingale (tomz) tomz at cisco.com
Sun Sep 11 14:37:04 EDT 2005

A list of Cisco NetFlow partners is available off the NetFlow web site.
Most of the commercial solutions tend to focus on particular areas such
as traffic analysis or security monitoring and some cover multiple
areas.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/732/Tech/nmp/netflow/partners/

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/732/Tech/nmp/netflow/partners/freeware/

>From my readings, i understand that i first need to know how much i
will

export, as of flows/sec and bytes/sec, and how do i calculate this,
educated

guess ?

Approximately 3-5% of the switched traffic is on average exported to the
collector.  This number does vary based on what or where, you are
monitoring, application and Cisco platform.

You may want to search the flow tools archive because the sizing
question answers are available.  Also we do have sizing information for
Cisco collector.

http://mailman.splintered.net/pipermail/flow-tools/