[c-nsp] AToM/L2TPv3/VPLS/etc.

Vincent De Keyzer vincent at dekeyzer.net
Thu Sep 15 07:11:54 EDT 2005

Hello list,

I work for a company offering Internet access and LAN-to-LAN services over
its own wireless network. Currently, we have an IP network over ATM, but
would like to get rid of ATM. Luckily, there is some money available today.

All our routers are Cisco (7206VXRs installed, 7600s budgeted). We want to
offer Internet access with speeds from 1 to 34 Mbps (for a total of about
300 Mbps of transit capacity), and Ethernet services with speeds of 1 to 100
Mbps.

I have heard about AToM, L2TPv3, VPLS; but have very little understanding of
those. I am wondering where to start to select the technology. So I would be
very glad to read any ideas, pointers to good (high-level) documents, or
real-life experiences that could help me with this (challenging to me)
project.

Thanks in advance,

Vincent