[c-nsp] Switchport link-state loss behaviour

Brett Looney brett at looney.id.au
Tue Sep 20 20:47:06 EDT 2005

Greets,

I have a requirement where I need a switchport (as it happens a trunk port
on a 3750) to go into an administratively down (or err-disable - I don't
mind) state when it loses link state. That is, if it regains link state
again I don't want it to come back up until an administrator modifies the
port state.

I know I can do this with a SNMP trap and get a management station to
modify the switchport (via SNMP/telnet/SSH - whatever) but I would really
like it to happen on the switch itself. Plus, there's always the risk that
the SNMP trap will go missing and then the port will just come back up on
its own...

Is there any automagic way to do this?

Thanks!

B.