[c-nsp] 1000BaseTX GBIC that will do FE

Elmar K. Bins elmi at 4ever.de
Wed Sep 21 09:10:28 EDT 2005

Hi Chris,

> This is a Sup2 with PFC2/MSFC2 onboard GBIC ports. Hence I need to do this
> with a GBIC not an SFP as someone else mentioned.

My X-6408A cannot run the copper-GBICs on 100 Mbps, it simply refuses to.
I have not yet tried them in 2950s or 3508s, but I'm pretty sure that
it's a software issue.

The SUP720 in the same box cannot run the copper-SFP on 100 Mbps, but any
3750 switch can. Again: Software issue.

The morale: don't expect it to work. But hard evidence can only be gathered
by trying it out.

Yours,
	Elmar.

--

"Begehe nur nicht den Fehler, Meinung durch Sachverstand zu substituieren."
                          (PLemken, <bu6o7e$e6v0p$2 at ID-31.news.uni-berlin.de>)