[c-nsp] RADIUS - Local Pools in NPE-G1

oboehmer at cisco.com oboehmer at cisco.com
Wed Sep 21 09:36:50 EDT 2005

> I did a CPU upgrade on a 7200 last night, from an NPE-400 to a
> NPE-G1. This router is being used to terminate PPPoVPDN DSL clients.
> All went well with the upgrade, except for some reason the IP
> addresses my radius config sends are now being ignored - every
> session is given an IP from the default local pool.
>
> I have diffed the configs - everything seems to be the same.
>
> The only thing I can think of is that the NPE-G1 handles avpairs
> differently.  Any news?

Did you also change the IOS during the upgrade, or was it a pure HW
upgrade? If so, nothing should have changed as the Radius/PPP/etc. code
is the same for all platforms in any given IOS release.

We'd need "debug aaa authen", "debug aaa author", "debug radius authen"
and the config to troubleshoot what goes wrong.

	oli