[c-nsp] 1000BaseTX GBIC that will do FE

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Wed Sep 21 16:26:25 EDT 2005

For GBIC, we offer WS-G5483, this is 1000BaseT only, no triple speed
on any platform.

For SFP, we offer GLC-T, this is a 10/100/1000 *capable* SFP. In all
shipping cat6500 hardware, this SFP will only work in 1000BaseT mode,
ie, the 6k module hardware is incapable of running this at anything
other than gigabit speed. Future module hardware will allow 3-speed operation.

For other platforms, some hardware supports 3-speed, some not. There
is a compatibility matrix, those listed as GLC-T (10/100/1000)
support 3-speed, those listed as GLC-T (1000BaseT), do not.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps5455/products_device_support_table09186a0080446625.html

Tim

At 07:23 AM 9/21/2005, Saku Ytti contended:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759