[c-nsp] VLAN disappeared

Vincent De Keyzer vincent at dekeyzer.net
Thu Sep 22 10:26:07 EDT 2005

David,

thanks for the document for dummies.

Since this is a 2950, I am surprised to see that the limit is still 2950.

Two more questions then:
1) how do I know how many VLANs a switch supports? Is there a table
somewhere on CCO that lists the max. number of VLAN per switch type, or do I
have to dig the specs of each switch?
2) please confirm my understanding: when I do VLAN pruning on the trunk
ports, the VLANs not listed as allowed (but present on the other switches of
the VTP domain) will not enter the VTP database of the switch?

Vincent