[c-nsp] 'privilege level' syntax

Peter Hicks peter.hicks at poggs.co.uk
Fri Sep 23 12:04:23 EDT 2005

All,

I'm attempting to give a couple of our site staff access to configure VLAN
assignments on some switches.

Using RADIUS, they are assigned privilege level 10 and the following has
been used to move commands down to level 10:

  privilege interface level 10 switchport
  privilege interface level 10 switchport access
  privilege interface level 10 switchport access vlan
  privilege interface level 10 shutdown
  privilege interface level 10 no shutdown
  privilege interface level 10 description
  privilege configure level 10 interface
  privilege exec level 10 configure terminal
  privilege exec level 10 write memory
  privilege exec level 10 show running-config

All the servers are on GigabitEthernet3/x, and I'd like to limit access
further to only ports starting GigabitEthernet3/x (i.e. not anything on
blade 2, and none of the VLAN interfaces).

TACACS+ would do this easily, but we're already using RADIUS, so that's a
non-starter.

Anyone able to help?

Peter.