[c-nsp] QoS on a 6509/720

Per Carlson ml at carlson.homeunix.net
Sat Sep 24 07:19:01 EDT 2005

John Kristoff wrote:
> First, according to this post from Ian a couple of years ago:
> under hybrid and an older version of code, if 'mls qos' is applied
> globally and a port's QoS state is untrusted, packets entering that
> port will have their ToS (DiffServ codepoint) rewritten to the port's
> default (which should typically be CS0 - best effort).  Is that still
> the case with the box I'm running?

That was an issue with Sup2's and an older 12.1E code. To prevent the
switch from touching the IP ToS, you had to diable all QoS with "no mls
qos" globally. This "automatically copy L2 CoS to L3 ToS" behaviour can
be overridden via the "mls qos queueing-only" command available in
12.1(19)E and later.

I _think_ the same applies to Sup720's and SX-code (at least the
descriptions of the "mps qos" and "mös qos queueing-only" commands are
the same as for 12.1E).

--
Per

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0538-7, 2005-09-23
Tested on: 2005-09-24 13:19:02