[c-nsp] PA-2FE-TX using both ports kills module

FreeLSD dimka at freelsd.net
Sat Sep 24 13:05:34 EDT 2005

On Sat, Sep 24, 2005 at 09:35:37AM -0400, Rodney Dunn wrote:
> What does the cashinfo file look like?

:)

> > Hello,
> >
> > We have a PA-2FE-TX in a 7206VXR /w NPE400. We have not be successful in
> > getting
> > both ports working in this module. If we run this module using a single port
> > everything is stable and fine. However as soon as we enabled the second port
> > and start passing traffic through this port, both ports will stop responding.
> > The only way to get the card to respond again is to remove and re-insert it.
> > (it does not crash the router)

Same situation for me.

Have two PA-2FE-TX, but in 75xx with VIP4-80 and VIP2-40 (both tested).
12.0.26S, 12.0.28S. If start passing traffic throught second port,
VIP do reload with VIP-3-PCI_BUS0_SYSERROR: PCI bus 0 system error.
Both VIP work nice with any other cards.

.. and using single port of PA-2FE-TX we also have stable situation.

will try it in 7206vxr.