[c-nsp] Low on memory, try again later

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sat Sep 24 13:26:17 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 24, 2005 at 08:38:00AM +0530, Kuppuraj Krishnan wrote:
>  Able to ping, finding regular traffic, able to capture serial port status
> by SNMP [mrtg]. But Telnet / Console login is not happening. At this stage,
>  without rebooting the router, Is there anything that we can do to telnet to
> router which is showing "%% Low on memory, try again later" in console port.

Depending on *what* is eating the memory, you might be able to free
enough to get in by shutting down all dynamic routing from the router's
neighbours (like "BGP neighbours shutdown", OSPF interface passive, etc.)

If it's just a bug and there is no free memory / no large enough chunk
left, then you'll need to reboot...

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de