[c-nsp] deactivate line with too many packet drops?

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Sun Sep 25 06:45:15 EDT 2005

On (2005-09-25 12:39 +0200), Gert Doering wrote:

> >  Static route can be triggered by SAA/IP SLA. I'm not sure if thats
> > what you're looking for, but it's probably your best bet.
>
> A static route is not going to tell my IGP routing protocols "don't use
> that link, it's fubar!".

 Yup, you could perhaps make iBGP depend on static route, but that wouldn't
be very nice either (since you'd need to remove the dependance on IGP,
euch).
 I guess what we really want it 'ip event dampening' to support 'enhanced
object tracking'.

> From what I read on this list, I'm not going to 12.2(25)S any time soon.

 For whats it worth, it seems to work for me (not running IPv6). Just
very memory hungry, VXR with 256MB can't run two full BGP feeds
with 12.2(25)S5 anymore. Assuming you're doing anything else.

--
  ++ytti