[c-nsp] Simple NAT based IOS failover between providers

David Prall dcp at dcptech.com
Mon Sep 26 12:17:38 EDT 2005

I haven't played with this, just some ideas.

How about if you use PBR to mark precedence to something. Then base the ip
nat inside source list on this precedence marking. You could then have two
nat settings to external interfaces. The default route would be gone based
on loss of the first connection, or removal via SAA Tracking. So now PBR
would set the next hop to the second interface. PBR would always be used on
the inside interface, to either follow the routing table based on
verify-availability, or to the second interface based on the first portion
not working. This can be done using the SAA tracking as well.

Now will it work, I have no clue.

David

--
David C Prall dcp at dcptech.com http://dcp.dcptech.com