[c-nsp] Cisco Cat 5513, Sup 3, and RSM module

Ruben Alvarez raa at opusnet.com
Mon Sep 26 16:05:23 EDT 2005

All.

I've got this new equipment I need to setup and I'm a little lost.  Although
I familiar with IOS and Cisco routers, I've never touched a layer 3 switch.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

I'm trying to make a vlan and get it routed to Internet.  I'll use OSPF to
share routes with my gateway routers where they will advertise via BGP.  So
far I can't get the switch or routers see each other as an OSPF neighbor.  I
have the sc0 interface set on the switch, but do I also have to assign an IP
address on the RSM?  If so what interface do I assign?

Any insight on how this works would be helpful.  Thx.