[c-nsp] Strange drops on 6500

Tantsura, Jeff jtantsura at upcbroadband.com
Tue Sep 27 06:15:00 EDT 2005

Hi Tim,

That's great I can discuss this problem with you.

There's a chain of Cat6000
1    2  Cat 6k sup 1 Enhanced QoS (Active)     WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE
2    2  Cat 6k sup 1 Enhanced QoS (Standby)    WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE
3    8  8 port 1000mb GBIC Enhanced QoS        WS-X6408A-GBIC

running 12.1(8a)EX and connected by longhaul fibers. There's about 30 Mb of
traffic on these links
All of these switches show strange stuff in output of various show command.
All switches show outgoing drops on some interfaces, which are about 50 pps
irrelevant of amount of traffic, some interfaces don't show any drops
Some switches show CRC errors, some switches show overruns (but not CRC)
One of the switches show drop in priority queue:

sh queueing interface gi1/1
Packets dropped on Transmit:
    BPDU packets:  0

    queue thresh    dropped  [cos-map]