[c-nsp] Re: Connectivity recommendations

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Tue Sep 27 15:05:39 EDT 2005

http://www.telco.com/news/nDetails.asp?type=3&id=17

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Nassess, George
(Contractor)
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 11:57 AM
To: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: [c-nsp] Re: Connectivity recommendations

>Subject: [c-nsp] Connectivity recommendations

>I need to connect two buildings using the voice copper (buried) which

>runs between them.

>All suggestions are appreciated.

>Thanks.

>Sargon

Sargon,

If you have even one pair of copper you can make a 10MB connection using
a DSL technology for an bridged ethernet extension. I have used many
times equipment from Telco Systems to extend 10MB ethernet over 1 pair
of copper wires. We have done over 300M runs but I am told it can be
done even longer. They even have a port to break out the voice signal if
there is an analog voice line that already uses the copper pair you
need. I think this set of two boxes needed were under $500.

Good luck!

Gus