[c-nsp] backup with STP

Andris Zarins andris.zarins at microlink.lv
Wed Sep 28 09:22:09 EDT 2005

Yes, in that case you must have per-customer STP instance, and customer
could do what he likes with that instance. It works, of course, but by
my opinion - it's definitely not the best practice to allow customer to
manipulate with something inside SP network, exception might be some
routing inside VRF, when SP can control what customer is doing.

Besides - per-customer STP instance can finally grow into MST-RSTP
hybrid :) (if there is MST inside SP network), that operates by MST
principles, but has per-VLAN STP instance.. I don't like that idea

Andris