[c-nsp] Old IOS

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Wed Sep 28 17:38:47 EDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 05:13:12PM -0400, Michael Costello wrote:
> I have some old devices whose IOS I'd like to upgrade, specifically a
> 2511, on which I'd like to run 12.0S (e.g., c2500-k4p-l.120-21.S1),
> and a 2916M-XL, on which I'd like to run early 12.0 (e.g., 12.0(5)WC4)
> in the hopes of supporting 802.1Q trunking (the 2916M-XL is a 4 MB
> switch, which will not hold newer 12.0 images).
>
> The IOS Upgrade Planner has neither of these images.  How does one go
> about getting his or her hands on old, unavailable IOS?

	12.0S for the 2500 was only done in a beta program and while
the images might have been widely available were not officially supported.

	it was mostly used for protocol testing, etc.. and those that
ran the images and enabled ssh usually saw tracebacks relating to the
amount of time it took the motorola processors to generate a ssh key.

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net