[c-nsp] problems with etherchannel between router (3725) and switch (3550)

Danny Vernals danny.vernals at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 09:11:29 EDT 2005

Hello all,

I'm having dificulties configuring an etherchannel (2 xFE) between a router
and switch, this is my set up:

R1
| |
Cat1
/ \
R2 R3

The channel seems fine but I can't ping from either R2 or R3 to R1 (R2 and
R3 can ping each other fine). Or from R2/R3 to R1

When you ping from R1 to either R2 or R3 (while debugging arp) you can see
the arp requests hitting R2 and R3 and replies being sent. However the
replies never get to R1.

When you ping from R2/R3 no arp requests hit R1

Cat1 has a valid cam table for all the mac addresses concerned.
Any help here would be greatly appriciated as I'm really stuck.

Here's the vaild config:

R1:
interface FastEthernet0/0
no ip address