[c-nsp] backup with STP

Andrew Fort afort at choqolat.org
Thu Sep 29 18:37:52 EDT 2005

On 29/09/2005, at 1:11 AM, <lists at hojmark.org> <lists at hojmark.org>
wrote:

>>     Or run etherchannel and achieve fast convergence with less
>> complexity.
>>

> That won't work with four switches (for real redundancy).
>
> -A

sure, but as an edge solution (the original question), it works.
still, I wouldn't let customers control this configuration, if they
just don't configure it (properly) and form an loop that mightn't be
shut down properly.

I'm told you can also tunnel the etherchannel using dot1qtunnel to
give a customer (or rather, your gear at the customer site) an end-to-
end 2g/whatever service through your network. I've not deployed that,
though I'm informed it has been done as a semi-regular offering
somewhere.  I wonder how brittle that is.

-andrew