[c-nsp] balancing load 4 static routes

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Sun Apr 2 12:19:09 EDT 2006

This is probably a side-effect of the h/w implementation of CEF
load-sharing on even paths in PFC3. An extra adj entry in h/w is
assigned to one of the paths.

You can disable this behavior with mls ip cef load-sharing simple.
However, be aware that this introduces the possibility of CEF
polarization in a multi-stage routed network.

Tim

At 04:52 AM 4/2/2006, Bas exclaimed:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759