[c-nsp] Monitoring StackWise

Jose Leitao jleitao.l at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 10:31:15 EDT 2006

Hello List,

I have lots of 3750 working with stackwise, but I haven't found a way to
monitor the status of the individual switches, on some occasions a
switch fails (power problem, ios crash, etc.) and since the stack
remains up, L3 works without a glitch thus the nms doesn't tell me
anything :(

I thought of writing a script to ssh the switchs, run sh switch detail,
parse the output and notify me when a switch disappears, has anyone done
something similar on this subject? is there a better way of doing this?
am I missing the magical MIB? (According to cisco, there are not MIB to
do this yet)

Thanks,
--
José Leitao