[c-nsp] DRAM for 12.2(18)SXF4

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Mon Apr 3 10:35:14 EDT 2006

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 07:27:06AM -0600, John Neiberger wrote:
> I'm referring to the MSFC2. I opened a TAC case on this when I first
> began thinking about doing the upgrade because there was some
> inconsistent information on CCO. The TAC engineer gave me the impression
> that a SUP2/MSFC2 running native IOS uses the MSFC2 DRAM, not the SUP2
> DRAM, and that I should be most concerned about how much MSFC2 DRAM I
> have. I have no idea how to tell one from the other. If I do a "show
> version", is the value being reported the SUP DRAM or MSFC2 DRAM?
>
> Regardless, I'm fairly certain that I have 256MB of DRAM on the SUP2
> and 256MB on the MSFC2. The output of "show mem" indicates that I have
> about 150MB free at the moment but, again, I don't know if that is SUP2
> memory or MSFC2 memory being reported.
>
> Any ideas?

	You are seeing the MFSC memory.

	You need to login to to the supervisor
(do a sh mod to determine the slot)

Then:

Router#attach 5
Trying Switch ...
Entering CONSOLE for Switch
Type "^C^C^C" to end this session

Router-sp#

	You'll be able to see you're on the supervisor there.

	a quick "sh ver" on the sup will indicate the amount of
memory installed.

Evidentally, you can't execute-on (or I don't have the syntax
right)

Router#execute-on ?
  <1-9>      slot number
  all-mwams  All MWAM slots in chassis