[c-nsp] E/MPLS enabled gear

Bas kilobit at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 05:35:12 EDT 2006

Hi,

On 4/4/06, Graham Wooden <graham at oneringnetworks.com> wrote:
> I need something like the 3750ME, but can backhaul MPLS on all ports.  The
> device needs a port density of > 24 10/100 and 4 > 1G ports.  I don't really
> care about size, maybe max of 12U.  I don't need nor care for any other type
> of ports.  Just rj45's and gbics/sfp.
>
> Thoughts on this type of equipment?  Anything on the used or new Cisco line?
> I don't know my budget at this second, but it maybe flexible depending on
> what we can get.  I would think $15K per device.

Not 100% your requirements, but the ME-C6524GT-8S comes a lot closer
than the 3750ME.
1.5 HE , PFC3C, MSFC2A, 8 uplink ports
http://tinyurl.com/s55nf
release date juny 2006, so might have to wait a little while
starting at $24,000 (list?) as I read it somewhere

> For the E/MPLS folks, what are you all running?

650x with sup720-3bxl's
But we'd be very interested in ME-65xx if they had 2*10GE slots.

Regards,

Bas