[c-nsp] Web Authentication for Cisco Wireless AP

Ed Whitesell edwlist at airpathwireless.com
Wed Apr 5 08:54:32 EDT 2006

I'd go with the WLAN Controller gear from the Airespace acquisition.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/products_category_buyers_guide.html#number_3
Among other things, it'll let you do different VLANs/SSIDs for multiple
services. i.e. one for visitors, another for staff, another for VOIP, etc.
There are also a number of other features like the ability to "block"
connectivity to unauthorized SSIDs that your APs can see.  I *think* all of
that will work with the 1200s.

There are also a few other options...
Building Broadband Service Manager (BBSM):
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/netmgtsw/ps533/index.html
Runs on a Windows box, somewhat customizable with included APIs

Service Selection Gateway (SSG):
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk888/tk890/tsd_technology_support_protocol_home.html
Runs in IOS, a bit more for larger scale stuff.
Also requires(?) the Subscriber Edge Services Manager (SESM):
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/netmgtsw/ps4889/index.html

Ed Whitesell
Network Manager
Airpath