[c-nsp] C3750me ethertype

Thomas Braun tb at westend.com
Thu Apr 6 10:11:10 EDT 2006

Hi Group,

i have a dot1q trunk and i need to use a different ethertype.
I have read that the C3750me could do it with the command "switchport trunk dot1q ethertype value"

Documented here:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3750m/12225ey/3750mscg/swvlan.htm#wp1324418

But my switch doesn't know the commmand:

Switch(config-if)#switchport trunk ?
   allowed        Set allowed VLAN characteristics when interface is in trunking
                  mode
   encapsulation  Set trunking encapsulation when interface is in trunking mode
   native         Set trunking native characteristics when interface is in
                  trunking mode
   pruning        Set pruning VLAN characteristics when interface is in trunking
                  mode

Switch(config-if)#switchport trunk

I am using:

System image file is "flash:c3750me-i5-mz.122-25.EY3/c3750me-i5-mz.122-25.EY3.b"

cisco ME-C3750-24TE (PowerPC405) processor (revision E0) with 118784K/12280K by.
Processor board ID CAT1010N11L
Last reset from power-on
1 Virtual Ethernet interface
24 FastEthernet interfaces
4 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
The password-recovery mechanism is enabled.

Do i have  to use a different IOS or is this a bug?

Thanks
Thomas