[c-nsp] Decnet, LAT, MOP ... anybody?!?

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists lists at hojmark.org
Thu Apr 6 16:54:54 EDT 2006

> Question: short of disabling bridging and enabling Decnet,
> then testing and see if the systems fail, is there a specific
> type of traffic I could look for, sniffing at either end, or
> both, that would reveal the need for bridging (vs. routing
> exclusively)?

LAT can't be routed.

What you could do -- instead of bridging the traffic all the way
through the network -- is to use DLSw. Do that with a little bit
of filtering, and it should be fine. Something along the lines of

 interface <whatever>
   bridge-group 1
   bridge-group 1 input-type-list 201
   bridge-group 1 input-lsap-list 202
 access-list 201 permit 0x6004 0x0000
 access-list 202 deny   0x0000 0xFFFF
 dlsw local-peer peer-id <your loopback>
 dlsw remote-peer 0 tcp <remote loopback>
 dlsw bridge-group 1

LAT over DLSw likely isn't officially supported, but the above
works fine.

-A