[c-nsp] as5300 + MICA

Daniel Higgins dhiggins at netc.net
Fri Apr 7 15:37:33 EDT 2006

hello list,

does anyone still use AS5300 with MICA modems as a dialup server?
some of our customers seem to have a lot of problems staying connected,
and so far we have been unable to locate the problem.

IOS version is 12.0(3)T1
Portware is 2.9.5.0

so far, my best guess as to where the problem comes from is the
modemcap. right now we're using the default one. our attemps to change
that have all made the problems worse. if someone has a known working
modemcap, i could give it a try

the T1 lines tests OK (BERT),

and here's some of the relevant configs:

controller T1 0
 framing esf
 clock source line primary
 linecode b8zs
 pri-group timeslots 1-24

interface Serial0:23
 no ip address
 no ip directed-broadcast
 encapsulation ppp
isdn switch-type primary-ni
 isdn incoming-voice modem
 no fair-queue
 ppp authentication chap pap

interface Group-Async1
 ip unnumbered FastEthernet0
 no ip directed-broadcast
 encapsulation ppp
 ip tcp header-compression
 no ip mroute-cache
 async mode dedicated
 peer default ip address pool dialuppool1
 no cdp enable
 ppp max-bad-auth 3
 ppp authentication pap chap
 group-range 1 216
 hold-queue 10 in

line 1 216
 autoselect ppp
 modem Dialin
 transport input all

any other ideas at this point would be welcome.

--
Daniel Higgins
Netcommunications Inc.
dhiggins at netc.net