[c-nsp] 28xx and a DS3

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sat Apr 8 16:12:31 EDT 2006

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 01:39:59PM -0400, chip wrote:
> Just an FYI, I don't think a 2800 series router can handle a full-rate DS3:
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2797/products_data_sheet09186a008010fba2.html
> "Cisco 2800  -  Subrate T3/E3 with concurrent services"

That's what Cisco claims - but the original poster already knows this,
and assumes they want to get some more $$$ from him...

We have a DS3 running off a 2821, and so far, it has been very
unexciting - "it just does the job".

On the other hand, the DS3 isn't fully loaded, and is not running
"all small packets", so I can't say how well the 2821 will handle
worst-case load ("NAT, Access-Lists, minimum-sized packets, and a
massive worm-outbreak with lots of different destinations").

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de